- Volunteers will primarily focus on assisting staff with a comprehensive inventory of the Center’s collections. Responsibilities related to this project include locating objects in collections storage, data entry using the Center’s digital database (PastPerfect Museum Software), rehousing objects, and photographing objects, and other tasks as assigned.
- Volunteers will gain first-hand knowledge of how archival and museum collections are cared for and managed, and will work closely with a wide range of material types such as textiles, decorative arts, and manufacturing tools and equipment.
- Volunteers can work any amount of hours per week, Monday through Friday. Hours are flexible and can be arranged to fit individuals’ schedules.
Experience and Skills
- Applicants do not need prior experience in museums or archives, but should possess a willingness to learn about museum and archive work including collections cataloging and archival processing.
- Possess the ability to work independently or on a team, work on multiple tasks at one time, be detail-oriented, and well-organized.
- Have manual dexterity, the ability to lift up to 40 lbs., and the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
How to Apply