The funniest fundraiser around returns one week from today! Last year’s event gained rave reviews from participants, who enjoyed the food, drinks, and comedy provided by members of SPT Theatre. A Satirical Undertaking: Celebrating the Life of Mayor Ron Corbett will feature the same format as last year: a party rounded out by a mock eulogy for outgoing Cedar Rapids mayor, Ron Corbett. By attending this event, you can be assured that you’ll have a blast while supporting The History Center and our mission to preserve and share Linn County history.
Catering from Winifred’s will include:
- Applewood smoked pork tenderloin with caramelized onion on foccacia bread
- Miniature twice baked baby Yukon Gold potatoes (vegetarian)
- Black bean empanadas (vegetarian)
- Fresh tomato bruschetta (vegetarian)
- Crab dip with crackers
- Seared Ahi Tuna with wasabi slaw on wonton crisp
- Fruit Kabobs (vegetarian)
- Grand Marnier chocolate tarts (vegetarian)
- Miniature apple crisp tarts (vegetarian)
If this sounds like an event you’d like to attend, make sure to get your tickets today! We hope that you’ll join us for this special event celebrating the history of the Douglas Mansion and supporting the future of The History Center.
A Satirical Undertaking is generously co-sponsored by: